The primary assault rifle of the USSR. The name means "chooser of the slain" and the weapon is a lethal combination of firepower, range, and accuracy.
- This is the second weapon found on Katorga-12, found among the stacks in the school library next to the corpse of a Spetsnaz soldier.
- When you fire this rifle, the "turbine" on the left side of the weapon will spin. This is probably a cooling fan.
- This weapon and the Volk S4 Shotgun are the most commonly carried weapons by Spetsnaz soldiers, making ammo plentiful.
- Required for the A Salt and Battery achievement.
- Valkyrie translates as "chooser of the slain" in Old Norse. A very fitting name for an assault weapon.
- The weapon also has a laser sight housed in a foregrip attachment on its model. While not used by the player, it can be seen when carried by Spetsnaz soldiers.
- Like most Soviet/Russian weapon designs, it is very reminiscent of the AK series.
- Its overall layout is rather similar to that of the AK-74U carbine rather than a full size assault rifle.
- Its stock appears to be a slightly modified version of the one found on the modern day ACR Bushmaster
- The Reflex sight also appears to be a Western design rather than Soviet, and also appear to be mounted on a Picatinny rail rather than the side mount normally favored by typical Soviet designs.